For rates or more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Front-of-book pieces
- Restaurant reviews
- Feature articles
- Service pieces
- Interviews and profiles
- Blog posts
- Web copy
- Procedures and manuals
- Business profiles
- Company history and profile
- PowerPoint presentations
- Surveys and questionnaires
- Brochure copy
- Press releases
Review the details below or download a pdf version of my resume.
Freelance Writer & Proofreader, 2010-present | San Diego, CA
- Author of 75+ articles published in print and online publications such as San Diego Magazine, Exquisite Weddings, Pacific San Diego Magazine, sandiego.cities2night.com, Proxart.com, MateoMagazine.com and Examiner.com.
- Writes stories either based on an idea pitched to an Editor or based on assignment.
- Familiar with AP Standards.
- Familiar with basic SEO standards.
- Maintains a personal blog, DigThisJive.com, on WordPress. Shoots and adjusts photos in Adobe Photoshop for incorporation into blog posts. Publicizes posts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Wrote, edited and proofread copy for Saunacuse.com: Wrote the owner's profile and copy for the website's Packages page, edited website copy written by the owner, and proofread the website.
Comic-Con International, 2011-present | San Diego, CA
- Coordinates teams of 25+ volunteers before and during the spring convention, WonderCon, and 100+ volunteers before and during the summer convention, Comic-Con. Arranges volunteers' schedules, conducts training, leads team meetings and provides volunteers with the support, tools and resources to perform their duties.
- After each convention, writes a report highlighting issues that impacted the Programming Department during the show and distributes the report to the Director of Programming and his assistants.
- Maintains the Programming Department's Volunteer Handbook, a document that informs volunteers of their key duties and responsibilities to the department.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Programming before and during the annual spring and summer conventions.
- Proofread the event guide for WonderCon 2012 and the online registration pages for Comic-Con 2012.
Elsevier, 2001-2010 | San Diego, CA
- Served as Managing Editor for an online newsletter distributed monthly to the operations division.
- Wrote content for an intranet site that provided employees with training materials. Used HTML for content layout.
- Wrote procedural documents and FAQ documents.
- Created training workshop materials (workbooks, training scripts, training exercises, etc.) and PowerPoint presentations.
- Created surveys and ran focus groups to identify learning needs of employees. Analyzed data and wrote reports detailing main findings.
- Managed two major training projects to support the transfer of work from several international offices to offices and suppliers in India. Recruited in-house trainers via an application and interview process.
- Collaborated with teammates, colleagues and customers in the US and around the worldSt. Louis, Exeter (UK), Oxford (UK), Chennai (India), Shannon (Ireland), and Amsterdam (The Netherlands)on a daily basis.